Apple Cinnamon Cake
This recipe has been shared with us by Sarah Van Dyke.
"A spin on a classic apple and cinnamon cake. Taking out the refined sugars and fats!" - Sarah
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy dairy and nut free cake – I was surprised at how easy and tasty it was! Will definitely make this again!" - Deb
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40-45 minutes
Can be frozen
- dates - 8, pitted and chopped
- water - 2 Tbsp, boiling
- apple pie filling - 200g tin
- eggs - 3, beaten
- vanilla - 2 tsp, essence
- oats - 200g, rolled
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- apple - 1, peeled, halved, cored, and slice in 12 thin slices
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan forced. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Prepare the dates (8) and add them to a small bowl with boiling water (2 Tbsp). Microwave on Medium for 1 minute.
- Add the dates, apple pie filling (200g tin), eggs (3), vanilla (2 tsp), oats (200g), baking powder (2 tsp) and cinnamon (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the mix into the prepared cake tin and smooth over the top. Decorate with the reserved apple slices (12, from 1 apple).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.