Apple and Sultana Overnight Oats
If you know you're going be running out the door in the wee hours of the morning, this is a great option to make the night before. Prepare, transfer to your travel container and pop it in the fridge. Just remember to grab it before you go! If you're heading to the gym and want a post-workout breakfast you can even add a scoop of your favourite protein powder (just remember that you may need to add extra liquid to compensate).
No: Dairy (depending on milk selected) / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time Setting overnight in the fridge
Makes 2 portions
Cannot be frozen
- apple - 1, large, red, cored and quartered
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground, or nutmeg
- honey - 2 Tbsp, optional (you may find it sweet enough with fruit only)
- milk of choice - 280g
- oats - 100g, rolled
- sultanas - 2 Tbsp
- Place apple (1) into bowl.
- Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add cinnamon (1 tsp), honey (2 Tbsp), milk (280g) and oats (100g).
- Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add sultanas (2 Tbsp). Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into 2 clean jars.
- Place in to the fridge to set overnight.
- Serve the next morning with additional fruit or sprinkle with nuts and seeds.