Apple and Pear Slaw
We love this delicious twist on traditional coleslaw. The apple and pear give it a great crunch and sweetness. Team this up with the Mustard Pork Chops and some crusty bread for a meal to remember.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Why do I ever doubt The 4 Blades team?! This is so delicious, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought it may be a bit on the sweet side, but it's perfectly balanced and goes really well with a BBQ! Do your tastebuds a favour and give this one a go." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Serves 6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled and halved
- apple - 4, red, cored and roughly chopped
- pears - 2, firm, cored and roughly chopped
- carrot - 1, small, roughly chopped
- mayonnaise - 100g, whole egg (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 cracked
- Add the onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 1 second. Feel free to chop smaller if that suits your taste better.
- Add the apples (4), pears (2) and carrot (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds. A good tip is to take the measuring cap off after 1 second and look through the hole in the lid to judge the consistency.
- Add the mayonnaise (100g), lemon juice (1 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.