Apple and Cinnamon Pie Mug Cake
Apple and cinnamon go together so beautifully, don't they? This mug cake is delicious, especially over the winter months. You may wish to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of double cream or some more apple pie filling and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It was a hit with the family – not too sweet, a fruity touch and perfect for a cold autumn night." - Tracey
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- self raising flour - 100g
- sugar - 40g
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- milk - 100g
- olive oil - 30g
- apple pie filling - 80g, tinned, or diced steamed apples
- Add the self raising flour (100g), sugar (40g), ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp), ground nutmeg (1/4 tsp), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), milk (100g), olive oil (30g) and tinned apple pie filling (80g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.