Ants on a Log
Quick, easy and nutritious. Just what we like in a snack! If you have any remaining peanut mix, you can serve it as a dip or keep in the fridge to make more ants on a log at another time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was so easy and tasty. It is an easy snack or lunch spread that can be dressed up in a fun way to entice fussy eaters." - Fiona
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes 12 logs
Cannot be frozen
- celery - 6 stalks, cut into 8cm lengths
- sultanas - to top
- peanuts - 250g, roasted, unsalted
- coconut oil - 20g
- salt - small pinch, fine
- Add the roasted peanuts (250g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 45 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 45 seconds. Scrape down sides. You want a fine grind. You can certainly grind these for longer if preferred.
- Reduce speed to Speed 5 and add the coconut oil (20g) and fine salt (small pinch) to the bowl.
- Blitz on Speed 9 until a thick, smooth paste forms.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into each celery stalk piece and top with a few sultanas, as “ants”.
- Eat straight away, or leave in the fridge until you are ready to serve.