American Potato Salad
While you might have your favourite go-to potato salad, we encourage you to give this one a try! It is jam packed full of flavour and different textures. You have the crunchiness of the celery combined with the creaminess of the mayonnaise and bites of melt-in-your-mouth potatoes. It will be a hit at your next BBQ - especially served alongside our delicious BBQ Ribs! We chose to hand dice the vegetables in this recipe rather than processing them in the thermo mixer, to add to the texture.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This potato salad is so super quick and easy. We have a lot of family gatherings and this will definitely be on the list of things to make due to how easy it is to make and how yummy it is to eat." - Alana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L, hot
- potatoes - 1kg, baby, halved or quartered into bite sized pieces
- onion - 1/2, red, halved and sliced thinly, plus a little extra for optional garnish
- gherkins - 6, baby, diced finely, plus a little extra for optional garnish
- celery - 2, stalks, diced finely, plus a little extra for optional garnish
- capsicum - 1/4, small, green, finely diced
- mayonnaise - 250g, whole egg (make your own with the recipe in The Tea Party issue)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped, for garnish
- Add hot water (1L) to bowl.
- Add chopped potatoes (1kg) into the lower dish and upper tray of the steaming attachment. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the lid of the steaming attachment and stir your potatoes for even cooking. This is essential. Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- In the meantime, place your diced red onion (1/2), gherkins (6), celery (2 stalks) and capsicum (1/4) into your salad bowl. Set aside.
- Once the potato cooking time is completed, the potatoes should be soft when pricked with a knife, and tender.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl of diced vegetables.
- Add the mayonnaise (250g) and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with additional onion, gherkins, celery and parsley. Allow to cool and serve.