Yummo! Kids will love Alphabet Soup. Not only can you use up a can of tomatoes from the back of the pantry (or fresh tomatoes, if you prefer), but the beauty of this dish, is that you can use any veggies you have on hand. So raid the veggie crisper and use the last of whatever you've got. Alternatively, buy the veggies that are in season and therefore more budget friendly.
Please note: Like most tomato or curry-based dishes, this tomato-based soup will most likely stain the internal silicone seal of your mixer. This will fade over a few uses.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, small, peeled
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, fresh, diced or bottled pasta sauce
- vegetable stock - 1000g
- potato - 1, large, very small dice
- carrot - 1, large, very small dice
- zucchini - 1, large, diced into small cubes
- pasta - 100g, alphabet, or risoni (*or very small GF pasta)
- peas - 50g, frozen
- salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add oil (1 Tbsp). Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add tomatoes (400g) into bowl.
- Place internal steaming basket into bowl. Add diced potato (1) and diced carrot (1) into it.
- Pour the vegetable stock (1000g) into the bowl over the vegetables and add salt and pepper (to season).
- Program 35 minutes / 100C / Speed 3. Place steaming attachment lower dish on top of the lid to prevent splatter.
- Add diced zucchini (1), alphabet pasta (100g) and peas (50g) into insulated server. Pour the hot soup into the insulated server over the vegetables and pasta and allow to sit for 10 minutes to cook through.
- Serve with Zucchini Drop Scones for a full meal.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: Please read your machines user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.