Almond Zucchini Loaves
We love making these two loaves to enjoy one warm and fresh, and freeze the other in pieces to enjoy as a snack. It’s a great way to get a serve of vegetables, protein and healthy fats. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great freezer option for an easy and nutritious lunch." -Naomi
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 2 loaves
Can be frozen
- fresh coriander - handful
- almonds - 320g, raw
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, or pecorino cheese
- tapioca starch - 160g
- salt flakes - 3 tsp
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- zucchini - 200g, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 100g, red, roughly chopped
- eggs - 10
- olive oil - 30g
- apple cider vinegar - 20g
- almonds - flaked, to top the loaves
- Preheat oven to 160C and line the base and sides of two loaf tins with baking paper.
- Add almonds (320g), cheese (100g), tapioca (160g), salt flakes (1 tsp only), bicarb soda (1 tsp) and coriander (handful) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Set aside into a large mixing bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, add zucchini (200g) and capsicum (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Set aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Put the whisk attachment into place. Add eggs (5 only), olive oil (15g only) and vinegar (10g only) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 4. Remove the whisk attachment.
- Add half of the dry mixture, half of the chopped vegetables and salt flakes (1 tsp only) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into one of the prepared loaf tins and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Put the whisk attachment into place again. Add the remaining eggs (5), olive oil (15g) and vinegar (10g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 4. Remove the whisk attachment.
- Add the remaining dry mixture, remaining chopped vegetables and salt flakes (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into the other prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Transfer both loaf tins into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into pieces or bites before freezing in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Defrost and eat, or warm for a few seconds in the microwave or toaster.