Almond Satay Chicken
For a bit of a twist on the traditional satay chicken, this version has been made on almonds. In this dish the chicken cooks perfectly and shreds to become part of the delicious sauce! If you prefer a bit more spice, add a chilli in with your onion!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great fast chicken satay that will impress the fussiest of eaters. Easily spiced up for those who like more zing. Kid friendly." - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 17 minutes
Can be frozen
- almonds - 50g, raw
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- almond butter - 50g
- mustard - 15g, Dijon
- paprika - 2 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- almond milk - 150g (can use coconut milk or cream if preferred)
- chicken thigh - 500g, diced into 3cm cubes
- capsicum - 100g, red in strips
- zucchini - 70g, diced
- Add almonds (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add almond butter (50g), Dijon mustard (15g), paprika (2 tsp), turmeric (1 tsp), salt flakes (2 tsp), almond milk (150g) and half of the reserved chopped almonds (25g). Program 4 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add chicken (500g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add capsicum (100g) and zucchini (70g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Enjoy this dish for dinner on its own, or with rice. Sprinkle the rest of the chopped almonds on top.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.