This easy breakfast has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. Filling, gluten free and packed with protein and healthy fats, this porridge will keep you full and energised all day. Serve with fresh fruits and roasted nuts of choice sprinkled on top.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Since going low carb, I've missed porridge. This will be the perfect winter morning breakfast. Good quality coconut cream is a must." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- almonds - 100g
- coconut cream - 270g, 100%, plus extra to serve
- salt flakes - pinch
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- honey - 10g, or pure maple syrup, optional, or to taste
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp, freshly grated, or cinnamon
- Serving options:
- fruit of choice - fresh or dried, to serve
- maple syrup - to serve
- nuts of choice - roasted, to serve
- Add the almonds (100g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the coconut cream (270g), salt flakes (pinch), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), honey (10g or to taste) and freshly grated nutmeg (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 16 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Serve immediately with fresh or dried fruit, additional coconut cream and maple syrup to taste.