Almond Cashew Nut Butter
This quick recipe for nut butter has been shared with us by Tamara Morris from My Melbourne Thermo. It’s perfect for those who are allergic to peanuts but not other nuts. It’s also a great deviation from the standard peanut butter.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy, additive-free nut butter that is super quick and so tasty. Yum!" - Elizabeth
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 4 minutes
Makes 1.5 cups of nut butter
Best to refrigerate
- almonds - 150g
- cashew nuts - 150g, raw or roasted
- oil - 20g, macadamia oil works well
- sea salt - pinch, optional
- Place almonds (150g) and cashews (150g) into the bowl. Pulverise Speed 10 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blend again Speed 8 / 15 seconds.
- Check consistency and add oil (20g) and salt (pinch) if desired. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.