All-In-One Chicken Dinner
Day 4: Wednesday. Today you are going to give your whole thermo mixer a workout with this sensational all-in-one dinner which has been shared with us by Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers. You are going to mix up the seasoning, steam the vegetables and the chicken, make a gravy AND make a mash! All in 45 minutes! How good is that?!
Nikalene creates delicious healthy recipes that are loved across the globe. She created the Skinnymixers group on Facebook, a great community of thermo mixers that endeavour to make health conscious choices and enjoy delicious healthy meals made with their thermo mixers. She has contributed to The Christmas Issue, The Healthy New Year Issue and The Steaming Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great meal that uses all the parts of the thermomix. Great recipe for camping." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- chicken breast - 500-700g, sliced in half length ways
- vegetables of choice - 400g
- garlic clove - 1
- oil - 20g, of choice
- paprika - 1 Tbsp, sweet/mild
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch, ground
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- sweet potato - 600g, peeled, cut into small cubes
- butter - 30g (*can omit for DF)
- cream - 30g (*can omit for DF)
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- chicken stock - 800g, liquid ( or 1 Tbsp stock concentrate + 800g water)
- cornflour - 2 Tbsp, or tapioca flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- Add garlic (1) to mixer bowl, chop Speed 9 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g), paprika (1 Tbsp), onion powder (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp), pepper (pinch) and cayenne (pinch). Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add the liquid stock (800g). Program 12 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- While the stock is heating up, prepare your sweet potato (600g) and place into the internal steaming basket.
- Prepare your chicken (500g-700g) by coating well in the reserved seasoning paste and placing into the steaming attachment lower dish. Prepare your veggies and place into the upper tray of the steaming attachment.
- Put both levels of the steaming attachment in place. Option: If you prefer your vegetables more firm, add the upper tray of the steaming attachment when you turn your chicken over after 10 minutes.
- Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Stop to turn your chicken over half way through (and add upper tray of vegetables if necessary). Exercise caution when removing the lid of your steaming attachment - there is likely to be steam and hot dripping water.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, set aside in an insulated server to keep warm. Remove the internal steaming basket with the sweet potato and set aside.
- To make the gravy, retain 500 grams of the liquid stock in the bowl and add your cornflour mixture (2 Tbsp in 1/4 cup water). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2 with the measuring cap off.
- When the gravy has thickened to your liking and seasoned to your tastes, transfer to a gravy boat to keep warm.
- Without washing the bowl, place your cooked sweet potato, butter (30g), cream (30g) and salt (1/4 tsp) into the bowl and blend for Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Carefully insert whisk attachment. Whip Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Serve chicken, vegetables, mash and gravy together for a delicious meal.