5 Minute Tuna Salad
This tuna salad is so versatile and quick, we are sure it will become a regular in your house. This is delicious served as is, in a sandwich with fresh crisp lettuce, on crunchy crackers, served as a dip or stirred through a lovely fresh salad. We told you it was versatile, didn’t we?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a seriously yummy salad that you can whip up in an instant and look like a kitchen whiz! It's great with salad, and I think with crackers as a dip would be great too!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- celery - 15cm, stalk, roughly chopped
- onion - 1/4, red, small, peeled
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh dill - 1, Tbsp
- mayonnaise - 50g (*can use EF; make your own with the Cheat's Mayonnaiseor Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue)
- lemon - 1, juice only
- tuna - 425g tin, drained
- sea salt - sprinkle
- pepper - cracked, to taste
- Add celery (15cm stalk), red onion (1/4), spring onions (2) and dill (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5.5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if necessary.
- Add mayonnaise (50g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), drained tuna (from 425g tin), salt (sprinkle) and pepper (to taste) into the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Use your spatula to combine the mixture.
- Serve as is, on bread rolls or crackers, as a dip or stirred through a green salad.