5 Minute Individual Carrot Cake
I love mug cakes! They make for such a quick and yummy dessert without having to worry about the leftovers sitting in the kitchen screaming "Eat meeee! Eat meeee!" This is a great egg-free dessert for those with allergies. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I would definitely make this again as the ingredients are always in the house! Quick, easy and delicious, especially with custard!" - Julie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made Gluten, Dairy and Nut free
Total Preparation Time 5-10 minutes depending on your microwave
Serves 1 large mug or 2 smaller ones
Cannot be frozen. Serve immediately.
- carrot - 25g, roughly chopped
- almond meal - 1 Tbsp, can omit
- self raising flour - 95g, (*can use GF flour)
- sugar - 20g, or sweetener of choice
- milk of choice - 85g
- olive oil - 25g/2 Tbsp, or coconut oil
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- icing sugar - to dust, optional
- Add carrot (25g) to bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add almond meal (1 Tbsp), flour (95g), sugar (20g), milk (85g), oil (2 Tbsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and baking powder (1/4 tsp) to bowl.
- Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds.
- Pour into a large mug. Fill 1/2 of the way up the mug. This cake will rise substantially during the cooking process but will deflate and settle upon cooling.
- Cook for 3 minutes on 80%. Time may vary from microwave to microwave so keep an eye on your cake.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.