5 Minute Enchilada Sauce
Why buy enchilada sauce when you can make it yourself at home in under 5 minutes? The next time you need some Mexican-style sauce, save yourself a trip to the shop and make a batch of this sauce. Simply pour this sauce over your enchiladas, top with cheese and bake. This works great on tacos also! We love that it uses ingredients you are likely to already have in the cupboard.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy, family friendly enchilada sauce that can be spiced up or left mild for the smallest family members!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 3 cups
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- beef stock - 100g, liquid, good quality
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- chilli powder - 2 tsp, or to taste
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 Tbsp, mild
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- salt - 1 tsp
- Add the garlic cloves (3), onion (1), liquid stock (100g), tomatoes (800g), chilli powder (2 tsp), cumin (2 tsp), paprika (1 Tbsp), ground coriander (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Pour into jars and use within 2 days, or freeze.