5 Minute Blackberry Cobbler for One
Ahh... a delicious cobbler for one! You can thank your speedy microwave for this one. Blackberries aren't a really common ingredient, but make a nice change from other berries. Of course, you can use the method below and substitute the blackberries with your berry of choice, or whatever you have on hand!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "In less than 10 minutes you can be eating this dessert served with ice cream! It's just the thing on a cool evening." - Gail
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2:30 minutes + resting time
Cannot be frozen
- blackberries - 10, stems removed (can use frozen)
- sugar - 3 tsp
- water - 1 tsp
- self raising flour - 2 Tbsp
- butter - 1 Tbsp, cold
- milk - 1 Tbsp
- Place blackberries (10), sugar (1 tsp only) and water (1 tsp) into a microwave safe jar or mug.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 1 minute. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing.
- Add self raising flour (2 Tbsp) and butter (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Add the remaining sugar (2 tsp) and milk (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Spoon over blackberries.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 1:30 minutes or until topping is cooked through.
- Rest for 1 minute, before serving with ice cream.