4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
These savoury delights have been shared with us by Carmen McEneany. You can use your preferred cheese. We've had success with a combination of cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An awesomely simple and tasty recipe! They turned out quite scrumptious. Hubby couldn't get enough of them and has already requested these crackers for our next BBQ." - Sue
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1 hour chilling time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheese - 120g, of choice, grated
- butter - 70g
- plain flour - 140g, plus extra for dusting
- milk - 30g
- salt - pinch
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (120g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds.
- To the grated cheese (120g), add the butter (70g), plain flour (140g), milk (30g) and salt (pinch). Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds.
- Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and shape it into a ball. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface. Roll it out as thin as you can – the thinner the dough, the crunchier your crackers will be!
- Use a small container or cookie cutter to cut crackers from the dough. Set them on the prepared tray.
- Prick each cracker with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.