3 Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake
This mouth-watering cake has been shared with us by Lucy from Bake Play Smile. If you're looking for a super easy, totally decadent, incredibly rich flourless chocolate cake then you have come to the right place! This cake is made with only 3 ingredients - seriously!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was amazing! Better than many cakes I have bought out. It was also easy to make. One of the best recipes I have made in my thermo mixer!" - Megs
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- eggs - 8 large
- chocolate - 450g, dark, good quality
- butter - 225g, unsalted, chopped
- chocolate - 100g, dark, good quality, chopped
- cream - 80g, pure
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease the base and sides of the springform pan very well. Line the base with baking paper.
- Cover the outside of the pan with foil.
- Place the springform pan into a roasting tray that is large enough to fit the cake tin (sitting flat).
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add the eggs (8) and beat for 8 minutes / 37C / Speed 4.
- Pour the eggs into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Clean and dry your machine's bowl.
- Add chocolate (450g) and grate on Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (225g) to the bowl. Melt 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Using spatula, gently fold 1/4 of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Repeat 3 more times with the remaining egg mixture.
- When the mixture is completely combined, pour it into the prepared springform pan.
- Boil water and carefully pour it into the large roasting tray. The outside of the springform tin should be 2/3 immersed in water.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chocolate cake begins to set on the outside edges (not in the middle).
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside until the boiling water has cooled slightly.
- When it's safe to do so, carefully remove the springform tin from the water bath and set aside to cool completely.
- Place the cake (still in the tin) into the fridge and leave until it is completely cold. For best results, leave for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, carefully remove the cake from the springform tin and discard the baking paper.
- Decorate with chocolate ganache, icing sugar or anything else you like!